Oak Ridges Lions Run for Childhood Cancer
Our team at Oak Ridges Lions Club is thrilled to share a virtual event that we hope you will support and participate in! We are raising money for Childhood Cancer (one of our 5 pillars) in partnership with Southlake Regional Health Cancer Centre and SickKids hospital.
What if we told you that for a $10.00 donation, not only could you help us raise money to fight childhood cancer, but you could win prizes, JUST for going walking, running or biking during the month of August! In fact, if you'd rather just participate by giving a donation, you will still have a chance to win a prize!
Christine Weerdenberg, District A-16 Childhood Cancer Committee Chairperson knows first hand how donations to this cause make a difference. She has a grandchild who has received treatment. "I've been doing this job for 4 years now, and I know that the support we offer the hospital, the parents, and the kids, who are going through treatments and tests, really appreciate everything we do."
The event: Oak Ridges Lions Club Run for Children's Cancer (you can walk, or bike as well)
When: The whole month of August 2021
Where: Your favourite place to get outside and be active
How: OPTION ONE
1) Download Strava on your phone.
2) Join the Oak Ridges Lions Club Event, (https://www.strava.com/clubs/853601/group_events/881289)
3) Donate $10 to "email@example.com"
4) Walk/bike/run as many times as you can during the month of August recording your
progress on Strava!
5) We will have prizes for most kilometres walked/ran, most walks/runs over 30 minutes
and random draws!
1) Donate $10 to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
1) A dozen cookies (OF YOUR FLAVOUR CHOICE) from Sweet Cheeks Cookie Co.
2) Two Stand up Paddleboard rentals for a weekend from SplashBros Rental.
3) Gift certificates and much, much more!
We would love to have you join in, spread the word (to all your friends and family), and help us make a better world for the children. If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance, please don't hesitate in contacting us. All proceeds from this "virtual race" will be donated to fighting childhood cancer with South Lake Hospital - Stronach Regional Cancer Center, in partnership with Princess Margaret Centre and Sick Children's Hospital.
On behalf of the children, we thank you!
If you like more information about this event contact
If you like more information about the Oak Ridges Lions Club and how to become a member